Our play based program engages the Early Years Learning Framework, which fosters individualised learning. We recognise that all children are individual and we provide programs that cater for different learning capacities and learning styles and invite children and families to contribute to ideas, interests and questions. Educators engage spontaneous, open-ended, play based and natural opportunities ensuring responsiveness to all children.
We value that our families are the most important people in their children’s lives. We work in partnership with families and our local community to foster ongoing communication to build a sense of respect. Through these partnerships we support and advocate for families within our centre. They are incorporated into educational programs and support us to access a wide variety of health, education and learning experiences.
Our recently refurnished room is light filled and spacious. Children choose from many different activities that are designed to extend their knowledge. Children can choose from art, craft, dramatic and social play as well as numeracy and literacy activities which are developing in play. Our outdoor environment promotes independent play and allows the children to explore their natural environment.
Our centre recognises and supports our valued educators for their knowledge, professionalism and life experiences. Educator’s work collaboratively engaging in ongoing reflective practice, professional development and work towards the National Quality Standards. Staff are qualified with early-childhood training and child-to-staff ratios meet the National Quality Standards.
Begin the Adventure at Laurel Street Kindergarten
- Community walks
- Inter-generational activities
- Storypark app that allows families to see their child’s learning journey
- Regular visits to the local library for Storytime
2022 Timetable for 3 Year Olds
• Friday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
2022 Timetable for 4 Year Olds
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
Proposed 2023 Timetable for 3 Year Olds
• Wednesday & Friday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
Proposed 2023 Timetable for 4 Year Olds
• Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
Your child will be eligible to access free or low-cost kindergarten in any of the following circumstances:
- your child is identified by a parent, carer or legal guardian as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- your child is identified on their birth certificate as being a multiple birth child (triplets or more)
- your child holds, or has a parent or guardian who holds, one of the following:
- a Commonwealth Health Care Card
- a Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card
- a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card or White Card
- eligible Refugee or Asylum Seeker visa
What will my child learn at kindergarten?
2022 Fees for 3 Year Olds
Our curriculum is play based and draws reference from socio-cultural theories of learning and teaching.
Play requires skilled educators to be intentional in all aspects of their practices and we have built a curriculum around key focus points that reflect the National Early Years Learning Frameworks. Our curriculum is influenced by individual children’s learning styles, interests, families and intentionally planned experiences.
- 3YO Group - $165
Should my child be toilet trained to attend?
2022 Fees for 4 Year Olds
We respect each child is an individual and develops at his/her own rate. We encourage families to have begun toilet training and will work to support their child’s development to promote a positive outcome.
Children do have toileting accidents on occasion, which are managed sensitively and discretely by educators. We ask each family to keep a complete change of clothes in their child’s bag in case children require changing. They’re also handy for when your child becomes thoroughly immersed in water play outside.
- 4YO Group A (ROTATIONAL) - $500
- 4YO Group B (ROTATIONAL) - $500
- 4YO Group C (ROTATIONAL) - $500
- 4YO Group D (ROTATIONAL) - $500
Do I need to pack sunscreen?
As a sun-safe organisation we provide child-friendly sunscreen, however if your child has sensitive skin please feel free to provide your preferred brand.