On this page:
See what our community have to say
Mill Park Preschool’s Community Acknowledge the Traditional Owners and ongoing custodians of our land - the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We would like to thank the Wurundjeri People for sharing their land. We promise to respect and look after it the animals and the people too.
Our practise is welcoming and inclusive of families’ opinions, families’ culture and family background; educators encourage all families to participate in their Childs kindergarten experience. This is as we view families/ Parents to be their first and ongoing teacher.
At Mill Park Preschool we ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and families. Mill Park Preschool educators encourage children to take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical well-being, as well as others.
Educators encourage children to show appreciation and care for natural and constructed environments.
We involve the broader community in the kindergarten program, as the community sets the context and is a resource for us as educators to teach and ensure children feel connected to a place and feel secure.
Our Spaces / Environment
Mill Park Preschool has been providing education and care to families for over 40 years. We are community orientated located in the heart of Mill Park next to Aquastyle Swim School, Mill Park Drive Maternal Health Centre and Mill Park Primary School.
- We have a warm, inclusive and inviting playroom, which is well resourced to support children’s developing abilities interests and to motivate play and learning.
- We have a large secure natural outdoor play space to promote creativity and curiosity.
- We have a cubby house, mud kitchen, sandpit and digging patch. We involve children in recycling caring for our garden, veggie patch and pet chickens.
- We are well resourced with climbing equipment swings and bikes to support children’s confidence and physical development.
Mill Park Preschool has a warm and welcoming environment. Children are supported and encouraged to be themselves, to express their feelings, and enjoy their time at kinder. Mill Park Preschool has a variety of kinder pets, children are encouraged to help look after these pets and are learning about other living creatures. At Mill Park Preschool we love to cook with the children. We have produced our very own cook book sharing wonderful recipes with the families and the community.
Begin the Adventure at Mill Park Preschool
- Kinder pets
- Warm and welcoming environment
- Regular excursions and incursions
- StoryPark account for parents to track their child’s development
- Regular cooking experiences
- Breakfast club provided 4 mornings a week
- A parents committee that support social events and fundraising
2023 Timetable for 3 Year Olds
3 YO Green Group
• Tuesday & Thursday, 8.30am - 12.30pm
2023 Timetable for 4 Year Olds
4 YO Blue Group
• Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
From 2023, the Victorian Government is making kindergarten programs free for three and four-year-old children – saving you and your family up to $2,500 per year for their program. Free Kinder is a critical component of the Victorian Government’s Best Start, Best Life reform and we are thrilled to be a part of this initiative.
What should I pack in my child’s bag?
- Lunchbox with healthy snacks and lunch
- Water bottle
- Sunhat/warm coat (weather dependent)
- Change of clothing
- Please name all items in your child’s bag
Does my child need to be toilet trained to attend kindergarten?
Every child is an individual and will meet milestones at different times. As such children do not have to be toilet trained to attend kindergarten.
As your child begins to show an interest in the toilet, please talk with the educators in our kindergarten. We will work with you and assist in any way we can. When you begin toilet training, pack many changes of clothes as we may have accidents along the way.
Do I need to pack sunscreen?
As a sun-safe organisation we provide child-friendly sunscreen, however if your child has sensitive skin please feel free to provide your preferred brand.