On this page:
See what our community have to say
We are a sessional kindergarten offering 15 hours programs for 4 year old children over 4 days and 5-hour programs for 3 year olds over 2 days, with no more than 60 children attending the morning and afternoon sessions, respectively.
We are inclusive of the diversity that our community has to
offer and welcome children and their families from all walks of life. At
Blossom Park Kindergarten we value developing relationships with families that
are inclusive and will bring further learning to not only the child, but staff and
families as well.
At Blossom Park Kindergarten we believe:
- Equipping children with the social and learning skills needed to take them beyond kinder
- Play serves as an essential part of a child’s learning and wellbeing, emphasising on developing and nurturing the ‘whole child’
- Children have a natural love of learning and are independent and capable learner
- Providing an environment which is welcoming, caring and supportive where learning is enjoyable, meaningful and related to children’s interests
- The critical role of working with families for the development and growth of the child
- A working partnership with the committee and the local community
- Educators play a critical role in the enhancement of children’s learning
Our Spaces / Environment
We boast two play rooms for both three and four year old sessions. Both rooms have a variety of play areas, providing a natural flow via the covered verandas onto large landscaped grounds with well-established trees, spacious climbing and swing areas, and a sandpit with an adjacent bridge and trickle pond.
Begin the Adventure at Blossom Park Kindergarten
- Incursions based on the children’s interest and learning
- Transition programs with local primary schools
- Cooking experiences
- Storypark App available to families to keep up to date with their child’s learning
- Vegetable garden
2023 Timetable for 3 Year Olds
• Monday & Friday: 8:30am - 1:30pm
• Wednesday & Friday, 9am - 2pm
2023 Timetable for 4 Year Olds
• Monday & Wednesday, 8.15am - 3.45pm
• Tuesday & Thursday, 8.45am - 4.15pm
• Tuesday & Thursday, 8.30am - 4pm
The Victorian Government provides funding to support children to access a high quality kindergarten program in the two years before they start school. This helps to ensure all Victorian children get the best start in life.
From 2023, the Victorian Government is making kindergarten programs free for three and four-year-old children – saving you and your family up to $2,500 per year for their program. Free Kinder is a critical component of the Victorian Government’s Best Start, Best Life reform.
Do I need to pack sunscreen?
As a sun-safe organisation we provide child-friendly sunscreen, however if your child has sensitive skin please feel free to provide your preferred brand.
Should my child be toilet trained to attend?
We respect each child is individual and develops at his/her own rate. We encourage families to have begun toilet training and will work to support their child’s development to promote a positive outcome.
Children do have toileting accidents on occasion, which are managed sensitively and discretely by educators. We ask each family to keep a complete change of clothes in their child’s bag in case children require changing. They’re also handy for when your child becomes thoroughly immersed in water play outside!