Here at Billy Button Children's Centre, we have a team of compassionate, qualified educators who are committed to the service and the learning and development of our children, through happy and imaginative play within the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
We encourage and welcome all families who wish to be part of the service and to offer their talents to enhance the learning of the children, teachers and educators alike.
Our approach to early learning and development is to nurture each child's initiative and curiosity, and also to help motivate them to participate in various experiences and challenges. It is during play that children learn and expand on life skills such as confidence, relationship building, emotional regulation, problem-solving, empathy and resilience.
Children are invited to explore and discover the range of different materials and resources provided. Carefully planned learning spaces provide plenty of space and time for children to explore and investigate with the educator's support to extend children’s ideas and thinking to scaffold their learning. This approach provides the foundations for a love of lifelong learning.
Social and emotional development is a priority for our early learning programs. Important life skills such as making friends, learning to share, resolving conflict, developing resilience and self-regulation are a focus. We support children to learn about gratitude, empathy and respect for others.
Situated next to Footscray City Primary School, the centre is just 6 minutes away from the centre of Melbourne.
Billy Button Children's Centre has a wonderful outdoor play space with large outdoor play and education spaces.
At BBCC, we offer the following rooms:
- Babies room (0-2 years)
- Toddles room (2-3 years)
- Kindergarten room (3-5 years)
- 3YO Sessional Kindergarten room
- 4YO Sessional Kindergarten room
Begin the Adventure at Billy Button Children's Centre
At our childcare centre, you’ll find that our facilities have been built with your child’s needs and safety in mind no matter their age. We are fully equipped to handle everything from nappies and bottles to nap time and excursions!
With our team of highly qualified and experienced educators, you can expect:
- Fees include: freshly prepared meals, nappies, linen, sunscreen and hats
- State of the art multilevel facilities including quality long daycare, separate sessional kindergarten and maternal health services
- Play-based childcare for 6-week to 6-year old’s
- Architecturally designed natural outdoor play areas with the balcony boasting a view of the city
- Fresh seasonal meals by prepared by our resident cook
- Language program
- StoryPark account for parents to track their child’s development
- Opportunities to be involved in a Parent Support Group (PSG)
Our programs are designed to support and promote a child’s development through active child-initiated play and educator-facilitated experiences. The program also reflects the Centre’s own principles and values towards the interests of the children, the educators, the community and the environment.
Our qualified educators and support staff are incredibly dedicated to all the children in their care. Our staff engage with children to shape daily schedules, ensuring they have a choice about when to play, learn, eat and rest. We have a strong commitment to transparency and constantly communicate with parents around the sharing of documentation, ongoing evaluation and assessment and reflection of our planning cycle.
Our team are always ready to help any community body with a community initiative that may arise, where our input will be helpful and of benefit to the community.
7.00 am – 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday
|ELC Under 3 Year Olds||$127 per day|
|ELC Over 3 Year Olds||$125 per day|
|3 Year Old Kindergarten||$165 per term|
|4 Year Old Kindergarten||$500 per term|
Our daily fees include freshly prepared meals, nappies, bedding, incursions, and excursions.
*Timetables and fees may change from 2022
2022 Timetable for 3 Year Olds
• Tuesday, 9.00am - 2.00pm
• Thursday, 9.00am - 2.00pm
2022 Timetable for 4 Year Olds
• Tuesday, 8.30am - 4.00pm
• Thursday, 8.30am - 4.00pm
• Monday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
• Wednesday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
• Friday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
Proposed 2023 Timetable for 3 Year Olds
• Tuesday & Thursday: 9am - 2pm
• Wednesday & Friday: 9am - 2pm
• Monday & Friday: 9am - 2pm
Proposed 2023 Timetable for 4 Year Olds
• Tuesday & Thursday: 8.30am - 4pm
• Monday & Wednesday: 8.30am - 4pm
How do you communicate with parents and guardians?
All families have access to Story Park. Storypark is communication tool that has been designed to help record and allow you to share in your child’s milestones and activities. You can also connect other members of your family to see your child’s photos and videos.
Are meals and snacks provided, or do children bring a lunchbox?
At BBCC, the children are offered nutritious and healthy seasonal meals, including breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. All food is freshly prepared by the in-house chef.
All children’s dietary requirements are accounted for, including allergies and intolerances.
What kind of activities do you offer?
We are committed to providing a stimulating and caring environment for all infants and children in our care. Through collaboration with our local community, we encourage exploration while embracing diversity and community inclusion in our play-based programs and activities:
- Children really enjoy creative arts using many open-ended materials such as playdough, feathers, paints and other soft materials, as well as participating in our music program
- Dressing up and imaginary play
- Partaking in STEM and STEAM projects
- Gymnastic and Yoga
- Watering plants and caring for the gardens