We acknowledge and believe that children belong first to a family. We believe in working in partnerships with our families and strongly encourage family participation at all levels and times within the centre. We will also support our families with advice, encouragement and resources should they be required.
We believe that all children have the right to high quality early childhood education that is sensitive to their needs and is provided within a safe, caring, stimulating and healthy environment.
We believe that all children should be treated with equity and their diverse backgrounds acknowledged by celebrating the significant occasions and beliefs of both our families and the local community. We recognize that every child, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture or religion is an individual; equally deserving warmth and attention. We will Endeavour to help every child within our care, to reach their full potential.
Here at Beverley Hills Preschool we believe in learning through play. When planning our children's programs, we believe that our programs should be based on a combination of child-initiated learning, adult enriched learning, children’s interests, the local community and intentional teaching.
Our Experienced and dedicated Educators view children as capable co contributors to their learning providing an inclusive and high-quality developmental program in which every child feels welcome and valued and where our children are encouraged to have fun and learn through play.
Beverley Hills preschool is a single unit preschool with a large sunny play room, recently renovated children’s bathroom and a spectacular bushy playground where the children can set up cubby’s and tree houses, dig in the large sandpit with water tank and also make mud pies in our mud pie kitchen. We have extensive imaginative and dramatic play areas as you can see from the above photos. We enjoy providing opportunities for the children to have input into the planning of our program. We investigate, we do and we learn.
We have up to 30 children in each of our four year old groups and 22 in our three year old group.
We are proud to offer large, well-shaded, secure grounds and a beautiful and vibrant kindergarten room. Our teachers are passionate, committed and experienced and provide a nurturing, caring and friendly environment.
Begin the Adventure at Beverley Hills Preschool
- Walking excursions
- Social events
- Ela language program
We have a fantastic team here at Beverley Hills with many different qualifications and experience. Two of our teachers have Bachelor Degree’s in Early Childhood, one in Primary Teaching and three with Diploma qualifications. One of our Diploma Educators is also working towards her Bachelor's degree in early childhood. We are all very dedicated to our profession and have been working in this industry for many years. As a team, we have over 100 years of experience working with children and families.
We come from diverse backgrounds and speak many languages between us all, have music skills, cooking skills, gardening and sustainability interests and above all strive to provide a safe nurturing environment where all staff, families and children feel safe, secure, like they belong here at Beverley hills Preschool.
As a multi-cultural centre, we all value the need to continue developing the children’s and families heritages as well as developing and learning english language skills and the Australian heritage.
As a team, we enjoy collaborating across the groups and sharing ideas, fundraising suggestions and supporting each other in many ways.
2023 Timetable for 3 Year Olds
3 Year old Group
• Thursday, 9am - 4.30pm
2023 Timetable for 4 Year Olds
• Monday & Wednesday: 9am - 4.30pm
• Tuesday & Friday: 9am - 4:30pm
The Victorian Government provides funding to support children to access a high quality kindergarten program in the two years before they start school. This helps to ensure all Victorian children get the best start in life.
From 2023, the Victorian Government is making kindergarten programs free for three and four-year-old children – saving you and your family up to $2,500 per year for their program. Free Kinder is a critical component of the Victorian Government’s Best Start, Best Life reform.
What should I bring to Kinder to prepare my child for the day?
Three Year old Orange group:
- A backpack
- Change of clothes
- A snack in a container the children can open
- A water bottle filled with water only
- In summer a sun-safe hat that covers their neck and ears
- In winter and coat and hat.
- Please ensure your child’s clothes cover their shoulders and that they wear appropriate shoes for climbing etc.
Four year old Green and Blue groups:
- A back pack
- A snack and Lunch no need for a separate container we will help the children work out which is which. Please try and send a container the children can open independently if possible. (Some suggestions of snacks etc to follow)
- A water bottle filled with water only
- A change of clothes for spills as well as accidents
- In summer a sun-safe hat/ in winter a coat and hat
- A small pillow and small blanket for rest time each day
What type of healthy food and drink can I pack for my child?
- At Beverley Hills Preschool we encourage healthy eating for our snacks and lunches.
- Some suggestions are; Fruit, vegetables, dips, sandwiches, crackers, cheese, sushi, warm left-overs from last night’s dinner in a thermos, yoghurt, noodles, rice, muesli bars etc.
- We have children each year with life threatening allergies/ anaphylaxis, generally these allergies are related to nuts, so please be mindful of foods you pack for your child. We will let you know of any foods that we would prefer you did not bring to kindergarten if we have children with particular food allergens.
- We ask for only water to be sent in the water bottles.
What type of clothing should I prepare for my child at Preschool?
- We ask that all children bring a sun-safe hat in summer that covers their ears and neck.
- Children’s clothing should cover their shoulders to prevent exposure to the sun.
- Thongs and sling-back shoes should be avoided as they are dangerous while climbing. We encourage closed toes shoes where possible to protect little toes.
- During winter a coat and warm hat keep the children warm as we play outside even when it’s cold.
- A change of clothes in the kinder bag for little accidents.
Will my child be sleeping at preschool?
We offer the children the opportunity to lie down and relax every day during our 7.5-hour sessions. Some children fall asleep while others listen to quiet music, read stories or just relax.
Can I stay as a parent at kinder?
You are most welcome to stay at preschool we actually encourage it. The children love to show their families around and be involved in the day to of kinder life. Due to Covid-19, we have limits on how many adults can be in the centre at a time so we introduce a stay and play roster from term two where you can nominate a day and a time you’d like to come and be a part of your child’s kinder session.